LOCAL GOVERNMENT 

Angry locals force council into backflip on gazebo decision

By Rachel Fenner 

A Mandurah business owner hit out at the local council after being told to remove a gazebo that had stood outside their storefront for more than a decade, only for the decision to be reversed following a wave of community support. 

The small market-style gazebo outside Krazy Teez has long provided shade for racks of clothing outside the store.

On Thursday last week, owner Anthony Hiscock took to Facebook to let customers know that the council had issued a notice to remove the gazebo.

“Why I ask? It’s not safe, I’m told. Really its the same 3x3 gazebo that is used at the markets and all of Crab Fest and heaps of other events. Unbelievable,” Mr Hiscock wrote. “It gives shade, and it shows that we are actually open.

Before the backflip, City of Mandurah chief executive Casey Mihovilovich said the city was happy to work with the owner of Krazy Teez to find a solution.

Read the article

Your Page!